Sunday, August 5, 2007

baby steps.



[taken monday of last week]

seeing a beautiful baby boy being born reminded me of how much we as christians are still like babies.

as we accept Jesus into our hearts for the first time we become baby christians. once your a baby christian you grow spiritually within your relationship with Christ. but for some of us we dont want to grow. we still want to be spoon fed and are not willing to take that giant step from baby christian to an adult christian. the baby's foot represents our walk with Christ. we have to take baby steps to learn how to walk then from there you learn how to run. thats just like walking with Christ, you just cant get up and run you have to learn to walk and getting into that habbit of wanting to walk faster and then even running with God.

this is my best friends baby. and it took me until he was born to realize that i still have not grown much from a baby christian.

you choose whether you want to grow or still stay a baby christian.

3 comments:

Cindy Seay said...

I love you stuff, babe. You are amazing.
Now go read my latest blog - tag, you're it!
love,
mom

Jennifer Bacak said...

Jess,
So good! I am praying for amazing spiritual maturation during these college years! I pray for you everyday.
Love you!
jojo

Debra said...

jess,
love your pics. they are so real and transparent. i have been praying for you and for all that goes into preparing for college. a word of advise...when things get overwhelming do something that makes you belly laugh, you know the kind that makes your side hurt. it won't make things go away but from my experience it changes my perspective.
love ya,
deb:)