Tuesday, January 29, 2008

sweet serenity.



[taken december 25, 2007 at my house, its my moms piano.]

this is my moms favorite instrument, a baby grand piano.

every time i see and hear my mom playing the piano i feel like everything is right with the world because i can tell she is totally worshiping God with all that she has when she is playing and beautiful music comes from this simple yet complex instrument.

but most of us think that singing is the only way possible to worship.

why is that?

is it because we are able to tell that person is truly worshiping by the way they express their emotions when they sing?

worshiping is not just about singing.

it is about doing what God placed in you to be passionate about.

God wants us to worship him with the gift that he placed in us.

God gave some people the gift of musical ability, some the gift of teaching, some with the gift of acting, and there are so many other talents that are out there that God gave to us.

God wants to be glorified by them.

but we have to be careful.

we can sometimes get caught up in knowing that we are good at what we do and end up glorifying ourselves instead of giving the glory to God.

when we are giving the glory to God nothing else matters, we become unaware of our selfish desires and actually praise God for all he has done for us.

i get goosebumps when i am truly worshiping and i know that i am because i can not fake the goosebumps and i can not deny the presence of God surrounding me.

do not be afraid to truly worship.

allow the holy spirit to fill you up.

praise the one who as made you.

God made us to worship him with the talents he placed in us.

what will you do?

will you give yourself all the glory?

or

will you praise God with your whole heart like my mom does when playing the piano?

i can not decide for you.

only you can.

4 comments:

Cindy Seay said...

Wow! Thank you for your words. You challenge me and you teach me and I love you more!
mom

Jennifer Bacak said...

Awesome Jess! A good reminder as I head off to worship team practice.
Love you!
jenn

Anonymous said...

That picture is so beautiful. It is pretty obvious that God has given you a gift for photography. I know I'll think on your words all week!
Love,
Amy

Unknown said...

great entry jess suze

how are you love?
i miss you..
call me sometime
we'd love to buy you dinner or something..you should come out to ecclesia on a sunday night coming up
bring some friends

great pic, btw
i'm so proud of you!
love,
robert earl